At Green Top Grocery, the safety of our staff, shoppers and the Bloomington-Normal Community is our greatest concern. In response to current events we focused efforts to provide a safe and sanitary shopping experience for you. Along with our standard dedication to industry best practices, we have taken greater measures to help minimize risk of the spread of COVID-19. To date, we have taken the following precautionary measures:
- All staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) including washable/reusable masks and gloves.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed at registers, and floor markings indicate 6ft. distances for shoppers standing in checkout lines.
- Staff receives regular training and communications regarding the situation, providing them the most up-to-date safety guidance, as recommended by the CDC and other health officials.
- To ensure staff have enough time to sanitize and restock shelves, we have adjusted our store hours: Mon. 8am–3pm; Tues. 8am–6pm; Wed. 8am–6pm; Thurs. 8am–3pm; Fri. 8am–6pm; Sat. 8am–6pm; Sun. 8am–6pm.
- Effective immediately, 8am–9am on Tuesdays and Fridays have been reserved for Seniors and other at-risk groups. During these mornings we invite Seniors, caretakers, and those in our community who are immunocompromised to shop before we open to the general public. We ask that our customers respect this time set aside for those who need it. Please do not assume who may or may not be an at-risk individual. Those with compromised immune systems come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and backgrounds.
- We have sanitizer/wipes are available in our store, including at registers for you and for our employees. We are working with our suppliers to get additional retail sanitation products, and we are doing everything we can to keep such items in stock for purchase.
- We have increased our regular cleaning and sanitizing schedules throughout our stores, with extra attention on high-touch areas like our restrooms, doors, hand baskets and carts.
- For the time being, we have suspended all hot bar and salad bar service. We’ll be focusing on preparing more Grab-and-Go food options so that our customers can still have access to healthy meal options to bring home and enjoy.
- We have closed our bulk section for the time being in order to practice safer distribution of goods. Pre-packed bulk items are available now in the bulk aisle and in the deli area.
- We have temporarily suspended all in-store samples and self-serve samples. If there’s something you’d like to try, please ask one of our team members and we’ll be happy help.
- Our in-store events and teaching kitchen events have been postponed or canceled. We will continue to announce updates as we move forward and are working to create live-streamed events and classes in the near future.
What we have always done and continue to do:
- Our employees are trained to follow a strict set of standard operating procedures when handling products. These include detailed instructions on hand washing, the use of hand sanitizers, product considerations, and information on preventing food-borne illness and the spread of infection.
- One of our core principles at Green Top Grocery is to be an employment model for good jobs in our community. Most of our employees work full-time, with industry-leading benefits. We encourages employees to use their paid time off, stay home, and reduce the spread of illness. We’re currently in the process of implementing a PTO donation program where employees can give accrued days off to team members who may be in need of it.