The Green Top teaching kitchen features a fully functioning kitchen with a video monitor that projects the stove top. The kitchen seats 15 people.
The primary purpose of the teaching kitchen is to provide space for education related to food, health, and nutrition. Classes will be researched and scheduled by Green Top’s Marketing Manager.
The teaching kitchen is available to owners for groups and organizational events and activities that are in accord with the mission of Green Top Grocery to cultivate personal, environmental, and economic well-being through a commitment to ethical business practices, financial accessibility, fair wages, community education, and the support of local and sustainable farmers and producers. We reserve the right to deny a group or organization’s reservation based on its compatibility with Green Top’s mission.
The kitchen can be reserved for private functions when not in use for a class. Use of the kitchen is free for Green Top Grocery owners who are in good standing (balance current) and plan to use the kitchen for a private event. Non-owners can rent the kitchen for a fee of $50 for a 3 hour period. Additional time can be reserved at $25 per hour.
Kitchen reservations must be approved by the Green Top Grocery Marketing Manager. Use of the kitchen must align with Green Top values. To reserve the teaching kitchen for your event please read the following policies and fill out the registration form by clicking the button below.
Class sign ups can only be refunded if GTG is notified 4 hours prior to class. Any no-shows or cancellations less than 4 hours before the start of class will not be refunded.
Reserve the Kitchen Today
Teaching Kitchen Policies
- Use of the kitchen does not constitute GTG endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in the program.
- Use of the kitchen for a 3 hour period of time is free to GTG owners once per month. Additional time exceeding 3 hours can be reserved at $25/hour. More frequent use of the kitchen is available for a fee of $25 for a 3 hour block of time.
- Owners who wish to use the kitchen in any kind of for-profit manner (for example, direct sales) will pay a flat $30 fee.
- Non-owners may reserve use of the kitchen. A $50 fee for 3 hours will be charged. Additional time may be purchased at $25/hour.
- Reservations can made between 8:30am and 7:30pm daily.
- Payment must be made within 7 days of approval of the event.
- Applicant must be present at the time of the event and must be 18 years of age.
- All publicity for the events will not imply the sponsorship or support of GTG.
- Use of our logo for these events is prohibited without prior approval.
- Green Top Grocery has first priority on use of the kitchen.
- Requests will be considered in the order in which they were received.
- Groups/organizations using the kitchen must comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- All groups/organizations are responsible for reimbursing GTG for any damages, unusual cleaning expenses, or security measures related to the events. The kitchen should be left in the same condition in which it was found.
- Candles or any open flames are prohibited.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited throughout the building.
- No tacks, nails, or tape are to be placed in or on doors, walls, windows, or furniture.
- The group/organization is responsible for the supervision of all children who may accompany its members. Children should remain with the group or be supervised by an adult who must remain with them.
- GTG assumes no responsibility for private/personal belongings.
- GTG assumes no responsibility for personal injury to any person or damage to the property of others.
- GTG assumes no responsibility for any illness or bodily harm caused by ingesting samples or prepared foods by instructors in our Teaching Kitchen Space.
- We reserve the right to cancel a meeting because of weather related or building emergencies.
- Our staff will monitor the use of the meeting rooms and enforce all policies.
- Meetings that may become disruptive to normal operations must end immediately.
- Failure to abide by these policies and procedures will jeopardize future teaching kitchen use.
- An event must be canceled 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Events canceled after 48 hours will not receive a refund.
- We encourage use of our deli for your food needs while in our teaching kitchen.
- However, if that isn’t possible, outside food can be brought into the kitchen.
- NO consumption of alcoholic beverages before class
- Attendees of class must be registered previous to class and sign or read documentation before class.
- Customers that are not registered to class are not able to attend unless they read class room rules provided online/in person at front end.
- Class sign ups can only be refunded if GTG is notified 4 hours prior to class.
- Any no-shows or cancellations less than 4 hours before the start of class will not be refunded.